Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Simple Stress Strategies

We hope everyone will join us this Thursday, January 28, from 1 to 5 p.m. at the Village Commons for another DELICIOUS edition of Pathfinder Produce.  With our great prices, great selection, and great staff, it’s always fun to stop by our friendly market.

***

I’m a bit under the gun this week juggling a few projects, so I’ll keep this week’s blog post short.  Please forgive my brevity, but I’m sure everyone has times when there’s “too much stuff, not enough time.”  I think part of my goals for simplifying during 2016 was not to stress out when this inevitably occurs.

There are many ways to de-stress—yoga, a quiet cup of herbal tea, reading an inspiring book, talking to the dog.  One technique I use a lot is just to project a month into the future, and realize that the temporary stresses will be in the past and not look so daunting in hindsight.  Another technique is to break big jobs into smaller tasks.  I also recall the advice I learned many years ago at a leadership workshop, where the instructor’s main takeaway was, “Unless it’s fatal, it’s no big deal.”

When you are stressed it’s important that you don’t fall into bad eating habits.  Instead of reaching for that tempting bit of chocolate, eat a juicy orange instead.  Or, do something that distracts your craving for sweets, chips, etc., for more than 10 minutes, like taking a walk, vacuuming the house, or sorting the laundry.

Until next time, be happy and be well,


Lori