Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Get Out and Play!


With many families planning on special meals (or maybe even cook-outs) this weekend, we hope you’ll hop on over to our Pathfinder Produce market on Thursday afternoon.  We are starting to get a wider variety of products, including New York State grown items.  Our market is open from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Village Commons Building, here at Pathfinder Village.

**********
I confess I have a terrible case of Spring Fever, which I’m sure is the reason I’ve fallen so behind in posting my regular column.  But I think that’s the whole point … it’s time to get outside and play!  (I’m ignoring the current snow squall outside my window).

After a long winter of spending wayyyy too much time being sedentary, I am eager to get out, start work on my garden, begin some other projects, and just play basketball with my family or throw the Frisbee for the dog (she’s a lab … need I say more?).  When our road dries out a little more, I plan on riding bike to get in better shape and to enjoy the fresh air.  

I also need to start walking more and carry my “little camera” with me, so I can get some pictures of all the great wildlife I’m seeing now.  I spied a bobcat in the backyard the other weekend, and we have a bald eagle who likes to fish our pond.  We also have many deer, geese, herons and ducks that stop by. We really are blessed to be living in such a beautiful area, with plentiful trees and water, where one can still see creatures in their native habitat.

Be well until next time and I hope that you can get out and play!

Lori